Regular maintenance on your Heating and AC system is like keeping the car’s oil changed—essential tasks that protect the system and keep it working smoothly. If you are questioning how often should your Heating and AC be serviced, these guidelines will help.
Avoid the stress of a heating and air conditioning breakdown and prolong the life of your system with regular maintenance. The Heating and Cooling system is a critical component of your home’s comfort, so don’t leave its functionality to chance. Planning for each season before the weather arrives gives you peace of mind that your Heating and Air Conditioning unit is ready to go.
At Mission Comfort, we know being warm on a cold day and cool on a hot day in your home is important. We also understand that air quality affects your family’s overall health too. Excellent Heating and AC system care ensures you have both. Learn more about Heating and AC maintenance and how it can keep your system running at peak performance.
Heating and Air Conditioning Maintenance Benefits
The benefits of regular maintenance for your Heating and AC unit far outweigh the cost. Among the benefits are:
- Lowered utility bills: An older Heating and AC unit won’t work as efficiently as a newer model that is so powerful that it can reduce your bills and keep your home comfortable throughout the year. Regular maintenance can improve any Heating and AC unit but especially an older model.
- Improved indoor air quality: Cleaner, more breathable air is essential for those family members who have respiratory issues or seasonal allergies, and an Heating and Cooling system with clean filters and dust-free coils will benefit everyone.
- Improved lifespan of the system: A clean, oiled Heating and Air Conditioning system will work for you longer than a dirty, dusty one. When all the parts of an air conditioning and heating system are operating at peak capacity, you get more work from them.
- Fewer emergency repairs: When you have an Heating and Air Conditioning unit that has had no regular maintenance, it is more likely to break down when you need it most. Not only does this cause stress, but the repairs at that point are usually very costly.
- Peace of mind: Whenever the seasons change and your comfort needs change with it, you will have peace of mind knowing that your heating and air conditioning system is in excellent shape. Not only will the temperature feel comfortable in your home, but you will feel confident that your system will work the way it should.
Tasks You Can Perform to Help Your Heating and AC
Check the filter: While it might not sound important, checking and replacing the air filters in an Heating and AC system is one of the most critical tasks. Filters keep out the dirt, debris, dust, and allergens that can clog up your system and slow it down. They filter what goes into the Heating and Cooling air to improve what comes out.
Clean the drain line: The drain line removes the water from the unit where the moisture is removed from the air. If the drain line is clogged or draining very slowly, cleaning it can get the water moving out of the unit and to the outside where it drips.
Clear debris from the outdoor unit: The outdoor air conditioning unit should be in a place where debris and leaves don’t fall on it to obstruct the fans. Sometimes ants tend to get into the unit, so spraying for pests is a good idea.
Clean the unit: Like anything that stays outside, an Heating and AC unit gets dirty and needs a good cleaning. Using a garden hose to get the dirt and dust out of the fins in the fan and the dirt that accumulates on the concrete can help with better function. Ensure that the concrete holding your unit has not settled and become lopsided. For the refrigerant to work, the Heating and AC unit must be level.
How Often Should Your System Need Maintenance
Generally, you should maintain the heating and air conditioning system annually for the best performance. Yearly maintenance will let the Mission Comfort technicians catch problems before they become expensive repairs. They will also be able to keep the unit clean and free of debris that can impede efficiency.
If you are unsure how often should your Heating and AC be serviced by a professional Heating and AC technician, the following information will help you. These specific services will help to identify problem areas before they become expensive fixes. The trained technicians at Mission Comfort will show you what is wrong and determine the best repair so you don’t end up without heat in the winter or cool air in the summer.
Fall maintenance includes:
- Replacing air filters
- Inspecting and replacing pulleys and belts, if needed
- Checking for gas leaks
- Inspecting the wiring and connections
- Inspecting the heating elements and heat pump
- Calibrating thermostat
- Clearing the drain lines
- Lubricating bearings and motor parts
- Inspecting ignition burner
Spring maintenance includes:
- Inspecting for debris, dust, and mold after the winter season
- Replacing the filters
- Inspecting the ducts for excess dust and strong seals
- Cleaning the coils and condenser
- Evaluating refrigerant for leaks and capacity
- Removing clogs and obstructions in the drain lines
- Checking the fans, motors, and blades for unrestricted airflow
- Lubricating motors and other parts, if needed
Having your system serviced by a professional Heating and AC technician is a cost-effective, long-term solution to ensuring your Heating and Air Conditioning unit works well all year long. At Mission Comfort, we make it our goal to perform a thorough check that identifies wear and tear that will reduce the efficiency of your Heating and Cooling system.
Reliable Heating and AC Services
When you question how often should the Heating and AC be serviced, the answer is once a year, at minimum. The experts at Mission Comfort recommend having regular maintenance twice per year. This service prepares your system for winter when the heat has been off for months, and the second service readies the unit for summer when the air conditioning has been off.
Mission Comfort proudly offers Waldorf Heating and AC maintenance services. We can help preserve the integrity of your heating and air conditioning system with prompt service and superior attention to detail.
Call us at (301) 701-3739 or make an appointment with our convenient online scheduling.