Renewing Sweet Heat to Homes in Waldorf & Charles County!
When it comes to romance, everyone has received the “cold shoulder” at some point in a relationship. Right? It’s simply how love works sometimes! Fortunately, when most of us are on the other end of that cold shoulder, we can usually work through the problem. But what about when your furnace starts giving you the cold shoulder? Then what do you do?
That’s easy! Call the team at Mission Comfort to fix it. Our specialists offer Waldorf furnace repair, heating repair, and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning maintenance services, designed to fix any problem.
While we admit we can’t help you in the romance department, we can help repair that heating system when things start to go south. When your home comfort becomes compromised, don’t just shake it off. Take charge!
Whether it’s circuit breakers, thermostats, air filters, blower motors, flame sensors, pilot lights, fuel sources, or more, we’ve seen—and repaired—it all. Not sure when to call for service? Our Waldorf furnace and heating repair experts can help.
Below are five reasons to consider a calling our experts to repair your heating system:
- Your Heating and Cooling system is emitting odd noises or smells.
- You’re noticing extra dust and drier air.
- Your furnace is spitting out cold air, not warm.
- There are uneven temperatures throughout the house.
- Your energy bills are higher than normal.
Why Is My Heating System Acting Up?
There are many factors that can contribute to the need for furnace repair. Here are five of the biggest culprits:
- Old, overused system
- Dirty or blocked air filters
- Lack of furnace maintenance
- Pilot light or ignition problems
- Uncalibrated thermostat
We see these issues most often during our repair calls and they are easily fixable. If you need a furnace or heating repair in Waldorf, our Heating and Air Conditioning service technicians can help. Just phone our office at 301.453.2420 to schedule an appointment!
Common Furnace Repairs
Like any other equipment, your furnace may fail to function properly or break down completely.
Here are some common furnace repairs we’ve helped homeowners with over the years:
- Faulty thermostat: A faulty thermostat won’t display the temperature correctly, which can increase your utility bill.
- Clogged air filter: Clogged air filters can disrupt the airflow of your furnace and cause uneven heating. This usually happens due to dust and dirt gathered in the filter.
- Abnormal noise: Sometimes, an issue with insulation or ductwork can cause your furnace to produce abnormal noise.
- Faulty ignition sensor: If your furnace clicks but doesn’t fire up, it might be due to a faulty ignition sensor. This may also cause your furnace to blow cold air at times.
Furnace Repair in Waldorf, MD, FAQs
How Much Does Furnace Repair Cost?
Like other equipment that fails to function or breaks down completely, heating and cooling systems often require maintenance and repair. Heating and air conditioning repair services in Waldorf County may range from less than $100 to close to $1,000.
Typically, furnace repair in Waldorf, MD, costs around $300. However, pricing may depend on several factors. If your furnace or parts are covered by a warranty, the repair cost may be substantially lower. If parts are past their warranty period, damaged parts or components may be more expensive to fix because these parts require replacement.
Yes! We recommend scheduling a furnace checkup at least once per year in the fall before winter sets in. When our Mission Comfort technicians arrive for your maintenance appointment, we will:
- Inspect the pilot light and check for ignition problems
- Clean dirty or blocked air filters
- Calibrate your thermostat
This essential service ensures that your system is operating at peak efficiency for the cold months ahead.
Furnaces that do not receive regular maintenance often require repair. Some common reasons your furnace may require repair include:
- Heating and Cooling systems emitting noises or odors
- Poor indoor air quality, dry air, and dust
- Inconsistent house temperatures
- High energy bills
If any of the above factors are present, call Mission Comfort for furnace repair in Waldorf, MD.
For a 1,000-square-foot home, a new central heating system usually runs between $2,500 and $7,000. The total cost will depend on the type of furnace and heating system you install and the size of your home.
If your furnace or water heater requires continual servicing, our Heating and Air Conditioning technicians can provide a quote for furnace replacement. Especially if your furnace has exceeded its warranty, this can be more cost-effective than furnace repair in Waldorf, MD. Newer furnace models are more energy efficient, so when you replace your old furnace, you’ll pay less for the same heating ability.